Saturday, August 22, 2009

Mail call, review coming tomorrow!

Two packages in the mail yesterday from BookMooch, hooray!















Summer Boys
by Hailey Abbott -- Looks to be a series similar to Gossip Girl, The A-List, etc. From the cover art, I'm guessing it may deal with a younger cast of characters?

A Grave Talent by Laurie R King. She has another popular series about a female detective whose sidekick is Sherlock Holmes! The main character, Kate, is also a lesbian in a long-term relationship so I'm curious to read it -- I'm a fan of Sarah Water's historical romances like Tipping the Velvet, but I've never read anything set in modern times.

So those are both hanging out on my bookshelf now, waiting to be read.

I finished reading Tears of the Giraffe yesterday and it was just as incredible as the first in the series. So moving, sweet, humorous, and all-around awesome. Not as many mysteries in this one, but still very enjoyable. I'll be posting a full review tomorrow if all goes as planned!

Also, I did end up watching some clips from the TV show on YouTube -- here is the trailer that was on HBO, it's about a minute and a half long.

No comments: