Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Today's mail...

Oh my gosh, I am so psyched about today's mail haul, you have no idea.

First of all, Tears of the Giraffe, the second book in the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series! Awesome!

The cover matches the style of the first one, too. Always a bonus!

I am very excited to read the second book as I enjoyed the first so much and there was quite a cliffhanger. Expect a review of this one in a week, as it didn't take me too long to get through the first one, only a day.





And this book, this is one I have been waiting for oh so patiently! It was the first book I ever mooched.

I am obsessed with Ancient Egypt. Seriously, I am fascinated with everything about it. I've never been to Africa, but someday I want to go and see the pyramids, the Sphynx, the ruins, everything.

When someone recommended the Amelia Peabody series to me, a series about a plucky Egyptologist who gets wound up in mysteries, I just had to find out more. I mooched the first three books as well as some from later down the road, but I haven't touched them yet -- I wanted to start from the very beginning.


Anyway, that was it from today's mail! My "to be read" pile is growing slowly but steadily. ;)

2 comments:

Chèli said...

Valerie,
I read this earlier this year and really enjoed it. I know you will too if you are into Egyptology.

Cheli
Cheli's Shelves

Valerie said...

I'm definitely enjoying it! :) It's taking a bit of getting used to Amelia's dialogue, since it's so formal and proper. Love it, though. :D