Friday, August 21, 2009

Yesterday's books.

Yesterday I went to the bookstore and picked up The A List: Hollywood Royalty "Sunset Boulevard" by Zooey Dean, which just came out this week! I've got all the books in the original series and I'm really enjoying the spinoff as well. There are a lot of love triangles in the spinoff. I think I prefer it to Gossip Girl just because the characters aren't quite as promiscuous and it's not as repetitive.

One cute thing about the books is that one of the main characters, Amelie Adams, is basically parodying the actress Amy Adams; her red hair and her role as a Fairy Princess in a famous TV series (homage to Adam's movie "Enchanted"). And the name, of course!

I read it over my lunch break and finished it before bed last night. I love chick lit because it's fluffy and doesn't require that much thinking. The next A-List novel is out March 2010 -- I can't wait that long!

When I got home from work, there was a BookMooch package waiting! American Gods by Neil Gaiman -- so exciting! It's in great condition and it looks awesome on my bookshelf.

I am about halfway through The Eyre Affair and just getting into Crocodile on the Sandbank. Oh, and I'm putting A is for Alibi into my inventory again -- crime mysteries just aren't for me!

No comments: